Goals and Objectives
The overall objective of RAN is to facilitate the national and international governmental and non-governmental agencies in their efforts to enhance the social, economic, political, and cultural status of people of Nepal. Its specific objectives are to:
- Design and implement capacity development programs including skills/entrepreneurship/income generation, enhancement training programs.
- Carry out action oriented research activities in various parts of the country.
- Conduct social science research on various sectors with particular focus on Right to Information (RIT), local governance, gender, and social inclusion.
- Conduct international, national, and local level seminars/workshops in various issues.
- Extend consulting services to local governments (District Development Committees, Municipalities, and Village Development Committees), line agencies, and Civil Society Organizations such as clubs, Community Based Organizations, Users Groups, and other Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Carry out advocacy and campaigns against corruption, gender based violence, violation of human rights, absence of good governance, accountability, etc.
- Publish and disseminate books, periodical, manuals, leaflets, and reports of various actives such as researches, surveys, trainings, seminars, workshops, etc.
- Organise and participate national and international exhibition/seminar/workshop/training regarding promotion of Nepalese domestic products.