RAN exercises mainly the following strategies and approaches in accomplishing its objectives/activities.
- Capacity Building: Capacity enhancement of target groups/beneficiaries; individually and institutionally, is an integral part of project/program implementation that greatly helps sustainability and scaling up of the projects/programs.
- Social Mobilization: RAN is well versed with the application of participatory tools and techniques in social mobilization under its project implementation work especially in awareness raising, peace building, and livelihood activities. PRA, PLA, REFLECT, Strength Based Approach (Appreciative Inquiry), self-help group formation, and advocacy are some of the examples of such participatory tools and techniques. These tools strongly encourage the target people to assess their needs, problems, opportunities and livelihood aspects.
- Broad-based Participation: Effective involvement of Dalit, Janjati, marginalized/disadvantaged groups, and women in major decision-making including project/program planning, implementation, supervision/monitoring and impact evaluation.
- Awareness Creation and Rights based Advocacy: Increased awareness and advocacy program for the rights of Women, Dalit, Janajati, Children, and Marginalized Groups.
- Networking/Coordination and Linkages: Networking and establishment of coordination with all stakeholders including government agencies, local government, Civil Society Organizations, academic institutions, etc.
- Sensitive to gender equity and social inclusion: Non-discriminative on the rounds of religion, region, caste, gender, and political affiliation. Sensitive to maintain gender equity and ensure inclusiveness in all project/programs and recruitment employment.